Skateboard Scotland is a fully constituted body, and we’re not for profit – any money we make is put directly back into benefiting the Scottish skateboarding scene.
For skateboarding to become a widely accepted, properly facilitated and managed mainstream sport throughout Scotland. For Scotland to produce another generation of skateboarders, and attract international interest in Scottish skateboarding through the development of world-class facilities.
To enthuse and nurture current and successive new generations of Scottish skateboarders. To stimulate international interest in Scottish skateboarding through the development of world-class facilities.
- Develop and maintain a wide ranging membership of participants.
- Encourage and develop proper skateboarding facilities, accessible to all of Scotland
- Promote associated commercial enterprises
- Represent and promote the interests of Scottish skateboarders
- Provide advice on safety and best practice to skateboarders and skateboarding facilities
- Publicise and promote the sport to the general public
- Provide structure and management to the sport
- Create a safe, productive and rewarding skateboarding environment in Scotland
- Organise and regulate a programme of local and national skateboarding events
- Widen appeal and take up amongst groups underrepresented in the sport
- Establish a network of local representatives throughout Scotland
- Provide an accessible forum to members for debate on all matters relating to skateboarding in Scotland
- Encourage healthy lifestyle choices in relation to eating, exercise and drugs
- Promote positive relationships with figures of authority and adults
- Promote positive peer interaction and influence, character development and self-esteem
- Establish nationally recognised standards of ability
- Encourage older adult programmes
- Encourage deeper community involvement in local skateboarding developments